Hošťálkovice lies at the meeting point of the river Opava and the river Odra. The oldest document mentioning the division of the Opava district and the village Hošťálkovice dates back to 1377. An Empire Chateau was built there in 1823. The dominant feature of the municipality is a television transmitter, which is impossible to overlook. The surrounding area of the river Odra and the river Opava has been turned into a wildlife corridor and a biocenter.